CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Showin' My Calves Who's Boss.

So I just got back from Day 2 of running. Yesterday I was supposed to do cross-training for 30 minutes, but Aunt Flo got the best of me and I succumbed to the beckoning call of my couch. I'm sure I could have done it, but instead I will be giving up my "rest day" on Friday and doing some cross-training!
So i am already improving a little bit! I went around Orinda Circle again, and this time I was able to run about 1/3 of the way! The odd weather has really been helping my cause. Who knows why it's 70 degrees and sunny in November but I like it!
Today's recommended songs for workouts include:
"4 minutes" - Madonna and Justin Timberlake
"Livin' on a Prayer" - Bon Jovi

I don't know what it was, but for some reason pounding the pavement to songs about saving the world and being halfway there are really inspiring! I'm sure the residents on my street have noticed my "inspiration" in that I stop after a burst of running and kind of shake my booty while I stretch it out. Hey, whatever gets you out there right? Right....

Today the calf-burning was 10x as bad as it was the first time I ran. I think my calves are rebelling. We don't NEED no marathon, biotch! We just FINE! However, I beg to differ. I guess appeasing them with ice afterwards will keep me from a major sports injury. It will also give them time to plot against me, unfortunately....

So I have news regarding the donations to PETA. For some reason my registration didn't work, so I have to re-register. I will give you all my fundraiser page info as soon as I get it!

PS: If anyone lives in the Sacramento area and would like to help me out with a car wash at some point let me know!

1 comments:

~*~Phoenix~*~ said...

My calves haven't been in as much rebellion... But maybe because I am a mom and have to run after a 2 1/2 year old more? lol... Although I am still over-weight and unfit. But my mom and I walked our 4 mile yesterday, and boy was it beautiful! The beauty of where we live makes it worth it! And 2/4 miles are up hill and the other 2 are downhill. That's a pleasure I get for living in the foothills eh? Beautiful fall trees, rolling hills, earthy smells, and half my exercise is down hill ;) You should come exercise with us one day this week!